Modified on: May 18th, 2018
We have multiple systems in place for catching cybercriminals.
- We do a ThreatMetrix scan when people join or log in. ThreatMetrix is a leader in cybercrime prevention.
- We have a TrustShield system that allows people to evaluate the risk of dealing with a member.
- We have proprietary software that assigns "red flags" to members using 20 different variables.
- We have a safety team that reviews flagged members and, if appropriate, suspends them.
- We have systems for reporting abuse.
None of these methods is 100% reliable. And you should always exercise caution when dealing with people you don’t know.
Thanks for letting us know. How could we improve this answer?